Monday, September 1, 2008

Please welcome the newest member of our Family

I really don't know where to start this story of ours, and I certainly don't mean to make this too long of a post. However we are so pleased to have a new member in our home. Please welcome Caper.



Our children has reached over the fence and have enjoyed petting him for the last year or so. He is such a good dog, and we are so delighted to have him in our home. Probably one of the happiest is my Daughter. She has such a love for him and dogs in general. I am so pleased that the Lord provided this for her. We kinda thought this would be something that needed to wait for awhile. I am so glad the Lord thought otherwise. So she really thought she would have to wait a long time. So when this opportunity came up, she was thrilled and patient at the same time. She really amazed me. And you know, I didn't get the family shot I thought I would, but boy is this a beauty:



As for me, not growing up with dogs, and a few bad experiences has attatched a little fear in me that really shouldn't be there. But God is good, and I am so thankful that I followed the facts, and not my emotions. He has been trained well and I am so glad to have him. I get to miss all the house training stages, and I have four eager helpers.


And maybe you will relate to this, but there has to always be someone not looking at the camera. Here's that family shot that didn't exactly turn out like I wanted because Caper's not looking. But Oh well. Since we have him for awhile, chances are that we will have plenty of opportunities.


And as we speak, dog is laying on the couch next to DH, who by the way is pretty happy too.
As it turns out, it is his actual Birthday this week too. It's his 5th Birthday.
I only hope he is just as happy to be here as we are to have him.

Sincerely,
Sonja

2 comments:

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Oh my gosh...what an adorable little puppy! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name too. Oh my kids would simply be in heaven. :)

Mary said...

What a beautiful Lab! He reminds me of our Lady. I miss her a lot. You will love having a Lab. They become family members, are smart, loyal, and just like having another kid!