Thursday, October 22, 2009

Perfect Pumpkin Presentation - say that three times,LOL!!

I know Thanksgiving is long gone, at least for us Canadians. So are all the goodies I created. But I really wanted to share my favorite way for giving them away this year. I saved the best for last. I brainstormed for awhile and came up with what I thought was a pretty good way of presenting them to my friends.

Simple Dimple:




Cut paper into strips. Punch a hole at one end of the strips. Lay the strips around in a circle with the holes matching up in the center.
Cut out two of the largest die from the flower set "Blossom". Punch a hole in the center and lay it on top of your strips of paper. (I choose to re-enforce my flowers. I glued my paper to some leftover cardboard cereal boxes, and ran the through my die cutting machine.)
Next I cut two of the largest dies from the flower set "Nested Flower". These I also re-enforced these the same way as my previous ones,and used them as my stems. Poke a hole in the center of these as well.
Here is where I tied all my pieces together. I tied a knot in my string (in this case I used Raffia) and started to thread through all my holes, ending up at the top of my pumpkin. By this stage you should have gone through all your strips of paper, the Blossom flower and lastly your Nested flower. Tie a knot and cut off the end.

Now I turned upside down this entire piece, placed my cookie bag upside down as well. I took the second "Blossom" flower that I had cut and took one strip at a time and stapled it to the flower.

You can turn your pumpkin right side up now. You have one thing left to do, the stem. However, there is a little bit of trick to this. It is probably one of those things where it is harder to explain than it is to do.LOL! (Bending the "Nested Flower" a little before tying it on will help a lot.) Glue the "Nested Flower" together and place an elastic band around the top to hold it in the shape you want. Once the glue is dried you can take that band off. Now all you have to do is add your tags, leaves and pretties!! I had so much fun making mine. It was fairly easy to do, and they were really pretty when I was done.

Here is a close-up of the top.



I could not resist making some of them in one of my favorite styles: Shabby Chic! I had purchased some wallpaper by Debbie Travis, (that stuff is gorgeous!!!) and this project was just begging me to use it here. So, I did! I was filled with glee,hehe! SEE:



I also made Pumpkin Biscotti, and I put these in the white pumpkin.

I made two other pumpkins that were more traditional:



Here's all three together:



If you think you like this idea enough to try for yourself, you might want to look here for some more imspiration. Jeanette Lynton did a "BANG-UP" job!! I find it kinda funny though.--I truly, honestly had mine done before I knew of her posting.

I thought that was kind of neat! There are just so many fun ways of doing this I guess. If you do make one yourself, leave me a link in the comments. I'd love to see your take on it.

No comments: