Sunday, April 20, 2008

Feline Friday (except it's Sunday,shhhhhh!)

This week my Feline Friday card is based on Proverbs 17:22 and a song I have in my home library. The song is called "Keep on the Sunny Side" by the Fehr Family singers. You can check them out here. This is one of my favorite CD's by them. It also a very encouraging song a message worth remembering. So with this song and the scripture verse as my guide, I wanted somethig bright and sunny. I chose Sunlight yellow textured cardstock from Close to My Heart. {This is one of those cards where the picture probably won't due it justice.} I stamped my flowers in Versa Mark, then used my chalks and rubbed yellow chalk over the stamped flowers. I wanted something subtle so as not to over power the quote, and it looks and feels so velvety!! I am quite happy with it, especially since I don't pull out my chalks very often. I also was eager to try stitching on my card. I like the front, but I am not too happy with the inside. The tension is fine, I just don't know that I like looking at that on the inside of my card. So I'm not sure what to do about that. So there's another one completed, and this week I tried to make sure I worked on at least two at once, these next two months are going to be really busy.
And now for the card;



Thanks for stopping in again!
Sincerely,
Sonja

No comments: