Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Keeping myself Organized (instyle!!LOL)

Being and staying Organized is a challenge for me. It is not something that comes easy at all. So I put some fabric I had to some good use....in an effort to help me stay organized and on top of my tasks. Remember that Damask fabric I had bought awhile back, well, I decided to use it (not hoard it like I normally do with things I like). I had been listening to some instructions, sermons and being organized, and being a Proverb's 31 woman. I am NO WHERE near being a "noble" woman. However it is what I seek to be. So that is how this project came about. I just love how this project has come together.
Here's the outside of my organizational binder:





I love the little dangling jewel. Can you believe it's an earring? Bought them for less than 2 bucks.



I had a little trouble deciding what "title" to give this little binder. I wanted to put "Proverbs 31", or "organize it", and "HOME" or "Sonja" just didn't sound right. So I went with "Work", because that's what it is. Some "work" I enjoy more than others (like decorating this binder,LOL), but Proverbs 31 also talks about how a woman of noble character also works with her hands. So I thought this was fitting. However, if I change my mind later on, I can easily put something else there. The metal letters were a Dollar Store find it you can believe it! And I had to stamp the "Lovely Lace" stamp from CTMH to tie the crocheted ribbon on the inside (get to that in a second).



On the back I really wanted a ribbon to come and loop around my crystal. But I also wanted to be able to change the length of the loop. Sometimes I will have it fuller than other times. If the loop is too long, it won't stay shut, if it's too short it won't either. So it had to be just right. SO I cut my ribbon long enough and knotted it (this too is a CTMH product), making it easy to change the length. I used a CTMH metal ribbon accent for this. I also wanted to re-enforce it a little. SO I added a bit of Chocolate brown felt and stitched it in some Aqua thread.




I would like to do something on the front cover of each tab, but I am still deciding on how I want that to look. I have a few ideas, but time gets the better of most of them. I couldn't get organized though until this was done, right? LOL
I haven't taken my sewing machine out in well over a year (to my mother's shame), but I am glad I dusted it off and put it to some good use again. Now maybe I can have a shot of staying organized and finding things when I need it.



For the inside I will probably have to add more tabs. But for now, well, you get the idea. I used some circle metal rimmed tags and some crocheted ribbon with different flowers. This way I will memorize what flower if for what category, and be able to flip to it easily. Have I told you how much I am loving how this is looking!!

1 comment:

Syrophenician Woman said...

GREAT idea!!! I am so very in need of one of those, Sonja ... I think I might have to make one of my own. Thanks for the inspiration!!!