Saturday, May 10, 2008

Best way to spend Mother's Day

I have enjoyed getting ready this year for Mother's Day. Seems like we've been working on it for awhile. Had to collect the rocks (long walk down to the river-took most of the morning), had to wash the rocks,



then paint them. Wait for paint to dry and then paint again. I had so much fun watching them paint their rocks. It's a little hard for me sometimes to "let them at it". I tend to think it needs to be perfect and a certain way. But I reprogrammed myself and just let them have fun. It is the best way really, that I can think of, to celebrate Mother's Day. Just being together and celebrating that God has given me four WONDERFUL children to bless my life.
Here's how I am choosing to (hopefully) bless my mothers. One is for my Mom, and the other for my Mother-in-law. They both love their garden, so these are for there gardens, and the kids painted some rocks for them to put in there too.



Hope you all have a blessed Mother's Day!!

Sincerely,
Sonja

Items Used:

Foxglove Cottage by Cornish Heritage Farms
Climbing Leaves by Cornish Heritage Farms

Heritage Caps (now retired) Close to My Heart (GARDEN)
Hodgepodge Alphabet: Close to My Heart (MY)
Make it Count: Close to My Heart (magic moments)

Ink: StazOn Timber Brown and Cactus Green

Other:
Tissue paper, Mog Podge

Paint color: Pebble
Hope that covers everything

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I just got caught up on your site, Sonja. I enjoyed it thoroughly! You are so creative and you just keep going on and on with one creation after another! How blessed I am to benefit from your creativity! Bless you!