Saturday, June 14, 2008

Our Unsung, Real, Everyday Hero

Last year for Father's Day we made Hero sandwiches. This year we are doing the same. And as I have grown and seen my Husband in a new light (being a Father), I have come to appreciate him more and more everyday. He balances me out, makes be better and is a wonderful father to our four children. (IE playing Monopoly with the kids until the game was done last night. And having all four of them help clean the van this afternoon, while I went out for coffee with my dad.) He is our unsung Hero. The battles our men have to face these days are great. (I can be one of those battles some days, LOL!) He works so hard!!! Just so we can have it a little easier, and a little nicer. I doubt I appreciate him enough!
It doesn't always work this way, but I am pleasantly surprised with his card this year. It says exactly what I would like to say. Took me longer than maybe selecting a Hallmark card, but that's not the point,LOL!!
I might put something in the inside like this:


Fathers are wonderful people

Fathers are wonderful people
Too little understood,
And we do not sing their praises
As often as we should...

For, somehow, Father seems to be
The man who pays the bills,
While Mother binds up little hurts
And nurses all our ills...

And Father struggles daily
To live up to "his image"
As protector and provider
And "hero or the scrimmage"...

And perhaps that is the reason
We sometimes get the notion,
That Fathers are not subject
To the thing we call emotion,
But if you look inside Dad's heart,
Where no one else can see
You'll find he's sentimental
And as "soft" as he can be...

But he's so busy every day
In the grueling race of life,
He leaves the sentimental stuff
To his partner and his wife...

But Fathers are just wonderful
In a million different ways,
And they merit loving compliments
And accolade of praise,

For the only reason Dad aspires
To fortune and success
Is to make the family proud of him
And to bring them happiness...

And like Our Heavenly Father,
He's a guardian and a guide,
Someone that we can count on
To be always on our side.


Heros are not perfect people, but they sure know the meaning of sacrifice. Today I feel encredibly blessed.



Sincerely,
Sonja

No comments: