Saturday, February 23, 2008

International Friendship RAK

Up first is a mystery RAK!!! That's right, I am not even going to tell you what it is!! The requirements for this RAK is to leave me a few lines in the comment section, and tell me the nicest thing one of your friends has ever done for you. (Since February is National Friendship month)

Friends are a dear part of our lives, wouldn't you agree!! Where would I be if I didn't have a few good friends to laugh with, cry with, pray with. What a blessed reminder it is to know we are not alone in the world! I would have a hard time picking just one moment in my life where I have been blessed by my friends. But there are a few that stand out in my mind. I'll pick one and share my story with you when I pick and announce a winner. I'll pick a winner on Wednesday and announce it, and then get the goodies out to the winner.

Can't wait to read your stories!

Sincerely,
Sonja


"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
Friendship Day Quotes by: Bible: Ecclesiastes


A Prayer for a Friend

Dear Lord,
If I could only be,
Worthy of one wish from Thee.
I would not ask for wealth or fame--
For I have more in Jesus' Name;
I would nor ask for homes and lands--
My treasures lie in Jesus' hands;
I would not ask for health or food--
For thou dost give me all that's good;
But I would that I could see,
Just how the greatest friend to be
To one Thou'st given me to love,
Both here and in our Home above--
That, Lord, the love Thou hast given me
Might fill his life and soul, that he
Will never question, never fear,
My love for him is just veneer--
But man each time I clasp his hand,
Feel friendship true, and understand
That of Thy many gifts I see,
He is a precious one to me.
Amen

1 comment:

Syrophenician Woman said...

My greatest friend is my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, who left the glories and comfort of Heaven, who died IN MY PLACE at Calvary, who has redeemed me to the Father, who interceeds on my behalf, who has provided an eternal home for my soul. All other friendships pale in comparison to the one Who gave His life WILLINGLY for me.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." {John 15:13}